Mindfulness Training will begin on Monday, Feb. 7 at 11:30 am and will run for 8 consecutive Mondays through, March 28, 2022.
· Improves stress resilience
· Increases confidence and self-acceptance
· Enhances sleep, focus, and attention
You will learn:
· What Mindfulness & Self-Compassion Are
· How perception shapes our experience
· Mindfulness tools to work with stress & anxiety
· Self-compassion for difficult emotions
· To cultivate positive emotions
· Several formal practices including:
· Sitting meditation
· Mindful Yoga
· Supportive Touch & Self-Compassion
Dr. Barbara A. Pickut, MD, MPH, RYT 200
Neurologist, MSU Health Care, Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Instructor
Dr. Pickut is an Associate Professor of Neurology, serving people with Movement and Memory challenges. She is a certified instructor in Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction and Yoga. She has been working with People with Parkinson's and mindfulness training for over 10 years.
Carol Hendershot, E-RYT500
Certified Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Instructor
Co-Founder & Owner, Grand Rapids Center for Mindfulness
Carol has been teaching Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) since 2008 and has led hundreds of students through the program. She has completed extensive training through The Center for Mindfulness at the UMass Medical School, UCSD Center for Mindfulness, and the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion.
For more information visit: www.parkinsonsmi.org